It is the generosity of businesses, organizations and individuals in Charlotte County that allows us to help over 866 kids per week on a continuing basis. Week after week, Back Pack Partners and Sponsors fuel the Yah Yah commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of our children. Back Pack Partners and Sponsors make it possible to sustain this major, long-term project. We are grateful to each and every donor.
Our many Back Pack Kidz volunteers also make it possible for us to do the work we do each week. They give us their time to pack backpacks, cars or trucks to deliver the backpacks and make certain we have the food at the warehouse to put in the backpacks. There is no way to put a dollar amount to this help.
Unquestionably, The Back Pack Kidz Project is a community project. We feel so blessed to live in this county and to be part of this community.
In the words of our Founder, Jolene Mowry, “This is an enormous program and we must succeed because these children need the basics and what is more basic than food. We will need many partners in order to make this happen. Please consider helping us and help our children.”
The Yah Yah Girls, Inc.
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Port Charlotte
- Punta Gorda Methodist Church Women’s Organization
- Burnt Store Presbyterian Church
- Donahue Family
- Wells Fargo, Punta Gorda
- Charlotte State Bank
- Amontree family
- Kim Devine
- Debbie Sestilio
- Charlotte County Leadership Classes
- Smugglers. Inc
- Charlotte County Realtors Association
- St. Andrews South Golf Club
- Peace River Rotary
- Twin Isles Country Club
- Wetherington Restoration & Remodeling
- Harbor Nissan
- Mr. And Mrs. Christopher Roehrig
- Kirshy Family
- Mr. And Mrs. Hester
- Mrs. Gina Hahn
- Boca Grande United Methodist Church Women’s Group
- Coogan Family
- Judy Aber
- Theda Bunker
- Riverwood Women’s Golf Association